Last Updated for Alpha 3.17.4
Are you being chased by bounty hunters across the Stanton system? Are you being denied landing permissions at every major port? Are the security patrols giving you grief and opening fire the moment they see you? If you answered yes to any of these, then you may have a crimestat.
Here at Wild Knight Squadron we do not care how or why you have crimestat. We understand it’s so easy to get it. We understand that nobody wants to go spend HOURS banging rocks together like space cavemen in the Kleischer Rehabilitation Facility. Here is how to set things straight and remove your crime stat in Star Citizen.
Step 1: Acquire a Crypto Key
Currently only the “Tigersclaw” crypto key is sold in-game. It can be acquired for 999 aUEC at the following locations:
- “Technotic” hacker shop (Crusader – Yela – Grim HEX)
- Factory Line (microTech – New Babbage – The Commons – Plaza)
- Cubby Blast (ArcCorp – Area18 – Plaza)
Outside of purchasing a crypto key they can be found in many locations, particularly bunkers.
These items are consumed when used so you may want to pick up a few. They are pretty handy to have in your inventory and they don’t consume much capacity. You can also drop them and give them to another player who might need it.
Step 2: Travel to a Security Terminal
Currently there are 4 locations with Security Terminals which can be hacked to remove crime stat in Star Citizen 3.9.1. Those locations are:
- Security Post Kareah (Crusader – Cellin – Security Post Kareah in orbit around Cellin)
- MT DataCenter 4HJ-LVE-A (microTech)
- Security Depot Lyria-1 (ArcCorp – Lyria)
- Security Post Hurston-1 (Hurston)
- Shubin Processing Facility SPMC-1 (microTech – Calliope)
- MT SecurityCenter DDV-6 (microTech)
A few notes about the locations:
Security Post Kareah (Sometimes shortened to ‘SPK’) is fairly open and easy to get to. This makes it dangerous if you are being pursued by bounty hunters because unless you’ve taken certain measures they have a marker over your head wherever you go. The station is surrounded by turrets and missile launchers which will engage any ship that appears as criminal. The room where you hack the terminal is in the center of the station and is fairly open with plenty of angles to be shot at from.
All the other locations listed are bunker locations on the various moons and planets. They are guarded by turrets and NPC security guards. Entering the facility and killing the guards will incur additional crimes against you. There is a terminal which can be hacked just outside of the server room to remove criminal charges just like Security Post Kareah.
A heads up on “RESTRICTED AREAS”: You will not incur a criminal charge for entering any of them.. however, if you die in that location, even without ANY criminal charges against you, you WILL respawn in the Klescher Rehabilitation Facility and serve a sentence of 16 minutes.
Step 3: Hack the Security Terminal to remove your charges
- Once you arrive at the security terminal you will pull out your crypto key tool.
- You must equip it via the inventory system. It goes into the same slot as your medpens and is activated by pressing the default key of “C”.
- Sometimes this is bugged and a workaround is to directly equip the cryptokey into your hand.
- Find the card slot on the terminal (It’ll highlight orange/yellow when you look at it) and hold ‘F’ and select ‘Insert’.
- Follow along on the terminal screen to start the hack. This process will continue with a few interruptions which require you (or even a buddy) to interact with and resume the initial hack.
- Once the initial hack is completed, each crime/infraction will have to be removed individually providing a reason why the crime is being expunged. Each charge removal will be followed by a 1-2 minute cool down before the next charge can be removed.
- This process will continue until all charges are removed.
As you can see, this process can take a while depending on how many charges you have. It’s absolutely a nail-biting situation for some. Bringing a friend to watch your back while you furiously work the security terminal is highly recommended.